Purpose and Description:
Position handles departmental matters as they relate to administrative areas, exercising discretion
and making appropriate decisions, consulting with manager as needed. This position is
responsible for multiple and varied administrative functions, which include departmental
billings, sales tracking, project tracking and collection activity. Position relies heavily on strong
interpersonal and computer skills along with the ability to identify problems, complete cause
analysis and provide solutions as they relate to administrative activities. Ensures complete
accuracy in all data and processing and record keeping.
1. Drive the timely collection and accurate completion of all departmental documents required
of staff within the department.
2. Complete paperwork and update worksheets and reports related to division activity in a
3. Organize and prepare billing documents. Oversee billing and make routine collection calls.
4. Perform a variety of administrative functions including, correspondence, data entry and
report preparation, processing paperwork, filing and computer work. Provide administrative
support to Division Manager.
5. Field customer calls to gather requirements and preferences for projects and forward to
6. Field warranty calls, source replacement materials, identify cause of plant failure and execute
7. Receive and respond to customer complaints exercising discretion and judgment to resolve
customer or departmental issues, and/or work with management to achieve resolution.
8. Contribute to and/or complete special projects as assigned.
9. Maintain complete customer and other departmental files; collect and catalogue designs and
10. Orient new employees to department.
11. Work with management to assign work locations and set up work areas for new employees
within the department.
12. Complete customer mailings of marketing materials and general correspondence.
13. Maintain complete and accurate mailing list of customer information.
14. Assist with the completion of landscape estimates and contracts. Verify the accuracy of
prices and all content.
15. Assist with project management.
16. Issue and log purchase and work order numbers. Review log monthly.
17. Work with Nursery and outside vendors to source plant and other materials as needed.
18. Work as assigned or needed within snow removal process team.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Metrics:
1. Meet established target dates for all ongoing responsibilities and assigned tasks.
2. Accuracy in all communication and records.
3. Accuracy of data, reports and other work product.
4. Performance to budget and established schedules
1. To provide accurate and timely reports to support operational and sales functions.
2. To maintain accurate and current information
3. To coordinate and help manage all incoming and outgoing telephone, written and other
communication within the division.
4. To provide excellent customer service and offer a high degree of professional business
decorum in all dealings with the Company’s customers and with all operations and sales
5. To coordinate and manage a variety of administrative activities with accurately, efficiently
meeting all deadlines.
6. To maintain current and accurate files, vendors, customers etc. for easy retrieval at any time.
1. Strict attention to detail and ability to work accurately
2. Ability to monitor multiple items and follow-up as needed.
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
5. Results and action oriented
6. Profit driven – seeks ways to cut costs and improve efficiency
7. Effective problem solving skills, ability to handle adversity
8. Performs and demands excellent quality in work
9. Service and teamwork oriented
10. Customer centered and focused
11. Focus on learning and self development
12. Technically competent and skilled
Minimum Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
1. Associates Degree (Accounting preferred).
2. 1 years Administrative experience.
3. 1 years Supervisory or Office Management experience.
4. Strong knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite, desired).
5. Keyboard and 10-key skills
Adkins Landscape Contracting is a residential/commercial license & Certified Landscaping business specializing in landscape Installations and Maintenance.